The SFP+ form factor supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Optical Transport Network standard OTU2, 8 & 16Gbit/s Fibre Channel. It was the next generation form factor to follow the SFP
SFP+ specifications are based on MSA SFF-8431.
SFP+ Transceivers include Copper, SR, LR, LRM, ER, ZR, CWDM, DWDM and BiDi types.
Please refer to SFP Copper Transceiver Technology Overview for more details of RJ45 copper technology.
Compliant with the following standards & protocols (10G Ethernet or SDH/SONET)
- SFP+ Electrical MSA SFF-8431 (SFP+ Enhanced SFP)
- SFP+ Mechanical MSA SFF-8432 (SFP+ Module and Cage)
- SFF-8433 (SFP+ Ganged Cage Footprints and Bezel Openings)
- SFF-8461 (SFP+ Active Cable Specifications and Alternate Test Methods)
- RoHS 6 Compliant
- Laser Class 1 IEC / CDRH compliant
- For 10G Ethernet SR, LR, ER, ZR, ZX, BX application
- For SDH/SONET 10GBASE-LW application
- Supports distances of up to 100km over Ethernet via Duplex LC connector (Single Fibre connector for Bi-directional transceivers)
- Single 3.3V Power Supply
- Low power consumption
- Commercial Temperature Range 0~70°C
- Industrial Temperature Range -40~+85°C