The 1x9 form factor dates back to the 1990s. It was originally designed for OC-3 and 100Mb Ethernet optical transceivers. The technology evolved to early generations of 1Gb/s Ethernet, 1Gb/s Fibre Channel and OC-48 optical transceivers and was then replaced by GBIC and subsequently SFP form factors.
1x9 is not appropriate for new design, but due to its industrial heritage it is still very much in demand to support existing infrastructure.
We are aware that many 1x9 products have been discontinued by the Original Manufacturers. We at ATGBICS will continue to support our customers with our compatible product range for as long as we can source the components to build.
- 9 single in-line (pin) package (SIP) form factor.
- A single row of 9 electrical pins, soldered to a host board
- Through Hole mounting type.
- SC, ST, FC or pigtail connector.
- Operating voltage either +3.3 V or +5.0 V (Client choice)
- Data Rates: 500kb,2Mb,10Mb,52Mb,84Mb,155Mb,350Mb, 622Mb,1.25Gb,2.125Gb,2.5Gb
- SX less than 2km
- LX 10-20km
- EX 40km
- ZX 80km
- EZX 120km to 160km
- Commercial Temperature Range 0 to 70°C
- Industrial Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C
- RoHS compliant
- MSA Compliant
- Fibre Channel